How many students are giving JEE Main 2023 exam? From which state how many candidates have registered for JEE Mains 2023? Category wise what is this number? See every detail.
Image Credit source: AP
The first session of engineering entrance exam JEE Mains 2023 is starting from Tuesday, 24 January. NTA is conducting JEE Main exam in 290 cities across the country and 18 cities abroad. This time a total of 8.6 lakh candidates JEE Main Exam registered for. This number is about 6000 less than last year. Although the number of girls has increased. How many boys, how many girls are there in JEE Main 2023 January exam? Which state has the maximum number of students? How many candidates are there in which category? Complete data is given in this news.
According to the report, out of the total students who have registered for JEE Main 2023, about 70 percent are boys and 30 percent are girls. However, this year the number of girls in JEE Main has increased. While 2.5 lakh girls had registered in 2022, this year there are 2.6 lakh girl students. Last year there were 3 students of third gender, this year there are 5.
today’s big news
How many students from which state will appear in JEE 2023?
There is a craze for IIT JEE exam all over India. But there are some states where its hangover speaks too much. According to the report of TOI, Maharashtra is at number one. The number of children from here who have applied for JEE Main exam is 12 percent of the total registration. Here is a separate list of such top states and top cities.
Top States in JEE Main 2023
- Total applications for JEE Main 2023 from Maharashtra – 1,03,039
- Uttar Pradesh – 99,714 (11.6%)
- Andhra Pradesh – 91,799 applications
- Telangana – 86,840 JEE Main applications
- Rajasthan – 59,641 applications
Maximum candidates from these cities
- Delhi – 36,539
- Hyderabad/Secunderabad – 32,246
- Quota – 24,253
- Patna – 19,820
- Vijayawada – 15,642
JEE Mains: How many students from which category
- How many students have applied in JEE Main 2023 from general category – 3,31,620
- OBC NCL (Central List) – 3,21,550
- Total JEE Main Registration from General EWS – 1,00,249
- Total applications in JEE Main from SC category – 83,264
- Total JEE Main 2023 registration from ST category – 29,728
JEE Mains January 2023 exam is scheduled to be held on 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31 January and 1 February. The admit card has been issued on jeemain.nta.nic.in. The second session of this exam is going to be held from 6 to 12 April 2023. JEE Main Paper 1 exam is conducted for B.Tech/ BE, Paper 2 for Architecture and Paper 3 for Planning.
: Language Inputs