Cybercrime cases are increasing rapidly. In such a situation, it is very important to be careful with them. One of these methods is through botnets.
Botnet Attack: In today’s era, most of the people take the help of internet and smartphone for the work related to the bank. In such a situation, cyber criminals are also taking advantage of this. And the cases of cybercrime are increasing rapidly. In such a situation, it is very important to be careful with them. One of these methods is through botnets. Let us know what is a botnet and what are the things to keep in mind to avoid it.
What is botnet?
A botnet is a network of computers that have been tampered with. Every device present in a botnet is called a bot. A bot is created when malware comes to the computer, due to which it is controlled by third parties. Criminals use botnets for many things, including for criminal purposes. Botnets are most commonly used for email spam campaigns, spreading spyware, and data theft.
What is the effect of botnet?
- With botnets, your network becomes infected with viruses, so that criminals can access your data and transactions.
- Banking credentials can be stolen using keyloggers.
- Your computer can be used to spread spam email on a large scale.
- Your computer can be used to infect other devices.
- Your computer can be used for click fraud, by which it can visit nominated websites without your knowledge, thereby creating false web traffic.
Safety tips to avoid botnets
- Use some reputable security software (antivirus). Make sure it is always updated and switched on.
- Never open the files provided in an email from an unknown, suspicious or untrusted location.
- Do not click on links in emails from unknown, suspicious or untrusted sources.
- Emails received from friends or acquaintances can also be erroneous, as their devices can be infected with viruses.
- Be extremely careful when using connected devices, as they may contain malware.
- Also be careful when using CDs/DVDs as they may also contain viruses.
read this also: Gold Price Today: Fall in the price of gold, silver also became cheaper, know how much the prices were
read this also: Where and why India has made reserves of crude oil, now what has the government announced…how will it affect the common man, know everything