New Rules for Nomination in EPFO (Indicative Image)
Recently, it was announced that to get the facilities of PF, Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) it is necessary for the members of the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to file nomination online. EPFO also told that people who have any confusion or lack of information about this can visit the EPFO website epf.gov.in.
There is a specific process to file e-nomination online on EPFO. After following these steps, you can easily get the nomination done-
- Open any browser and enter EPFO website or click on epfindia.gov.in
- Service will be written at the top, on which to click
- In this, many options appear together in which you have to click on for employees.
- Click on Member UAN/Online service (OCS/OTP)
- Login using UAN and Password
- Go to Manage Tab and click on E-nomination
- Here Provide details will be written in which to click on Save option
- Click on Yes for Family Declaration
- Now click on Add Family Details and enter the required details. Note that you can add more than one nominee.
- Select E-sign after which you will get an OTP on the mobile phone. Mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar
After doing all this, e-nomination will be done on EPFO. Now you will not need to send any paper to your company (in which you work) for nomination.
What are the rules of nomination
If the name of the nominee is not registered in the PF account, then there may be a problem later. Unfortunately, if the account holder dies, there will be trouble in withdrawing the deposited money. In view of this, EPFO advises every account holder to file nomination. This work becomes more important when the account holder gets married. If the EPF-EPS account holder does not nominate anyone after marriage and subsequently dies during service, then in the absence of the nominee, the wife or other heirs will not get the benefit of EPF.
According to the rules, if the EPF member does not have any family member, then he can nominate any person. But, the nomination will become invalid after marriage. If no nomination has been made under the EPF scheme, then the entire amount deposited in the fund will be divided equally among the family members. If the person is not married, the amount will be given to the dependent parents.
As per the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme 1952, the nomination of EPF and EPS account becomes invalid once the EPF-EPS account holder gets married. So when the account holder gets married, he/she should re-nominate his/her nominee in the EPF-EPS account. In case of male, it is mandatory that the nominee shall be his wife while in case of female the husband shall be the nominee.
Government can bring some other scheme like PM Jan Arogya Yojana! 40 crore people of the country will be insured
Shehnaz is a Corporate Communications Expert by profession and writer by Passion. She has experience of many years in the same. Her educational background in Mass communication has given her a broad base from which to approach many topics. She enjoys writing about Public relations, Corporate communications, travel, entrepreneurship, insurance, and finance among others.