If you are thinking of going to the bank in the coming days, then let us tell you that from today the banks will be closed for eight days.
Bank Holidays in October: If you are thinking of going to the bank in the coming days, then let us tell you that from today the banks will be closed for eight days. There are many festivals falling in October, including Durga Puja, Navratri and Dussehra. Several festivals are taking place across the country this month, including Durga Puja, Navratri and Dussehra. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) calendar, this month has a long list of bank holidays. All banks are closed on public holidays. While some holidays may be different in different states.
So if your bank has some important work in the coming days, then check this list. And check according to your state. You can also do some work through internet banking.
bank holiday list
1. 13 October – Durga Puja (Mahashtami)
October 13 is the holiday of Mahashtami. Banks will remain closed on this day in Agartala, Bhubaneshwar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna and Ranchi.
2. October 14 – Durga Puja / Dussehra (Maha Navami) / Ayutha Puja
On the occasion of Maha Navami on October 14, banks will be closed in Agartala, Bangalore, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram.
3. 15 October – Durga Puja / Dasara / Dussehra (Victory Dashami)
Banks will remain closed on October 15 on the occasion of Dussehra festival, except in Imphal and Shimla.
4. 16 October – Durga Puja (Dasain)
Banks will be closed only in Gangtok on Saturday due to Dasain.
5. October 17 – Sunday
October 17th is a Sunday. On this day there is a bank holiday everywhere in the country.
6. 18 October – Kati Bihu
Banks will remain closed only in Guwahati on Kati Bihu on 18 October.
7. October 19- Eid-ul-Milad/Eid-e-Miladunnabi/ Milad-e-Sharif (Birthday of Profet Mohammed)/ Baravafat
On this day there will be a bank holiday in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram.
8. October 20 – Birthday of Maharishi Valmiki / Laxmi Puja / Eid-e-Milad
Banks will remain closed on October 20 in Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata and Shimla.
Banks will remain closed on these days in October
- 22 October – Friday after Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar)
- 23 October – Fourth Saturday of the month (all over)
- October 24 – Sunday (Available)
- 26 October – Accession Day (Jammu-Srinagar)
- 31 October – Sunday (all over)
(Note: This list of bank holidays has been taken from the website of Reserve Bank of India (RBI). )
read this also: Orphan children get benefit under EPS, know how much pension they will get
read this also: Petrol Diesel Price: Oil companies took this decision regarding the rate of petrol and diesel, know that the fuel became cheap or expensive in your city