How much does Tata Group contribute to the advancement of the country’s economy? This thing is not hidden from anyone. Today, many companies of the group are hoisting their flag not only in the country but in the world. But as soon as the first week of the year ends, bad news has come for Ratan Tata. He and the group’s biggest company have suffered huge losses. In fact, there has been a loss of about Rs 21 thousand crore in the market cap of TCS last week, which is the highest among the top companies of the country. Let us also tell you how much loss has occurred in the market cap of which company among the top 10 companies of the country.
The market capitalization (market cap) of six of the top 10 most valuable companies of Sensex collectively declined by Rs 57,408.22 crore last week. The biggest loss was suffered by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and HDFC Bank. Last week, the 30-share BSE Sensex lost 214.11 points or 0.29 percent. On January 1, the Sensex had reached its life time high of 72,561.91 points.
Which company suffered how much loss?
- The market value of TCS declined by Rs 20,929.77 crore to Rs 13,67,661.93 crore. TCS was the biggest loser.
- The market cap of HDFC Bank declined by Rs 20,536.48 crore to Rs 12,77,435.56 crore.
- The market capitalization of Hindustan Unilever (HUL) fell by Rs 10,114.99 crore to Rs 6,15,663.40 crore.
- Infosys’ valuation declined by Rs 4,129.69 crore to Rs 6,36,222.11 crore.
- ICICI Bank’s mcap fell to Rs 6,97,357.42 crore with a loss of Rs 1,608.05 crore.
- The market capitalization of State Bank of India (SBI) declined by Rs 89.24 crore and came to Rs 5,72,826.22 crore.
read this also
These companies benefited
- The market cap of Reliance Industries increased by Rs 14,816.85 crore to reach Rs 17,63,644.77 crore.
- There was a jump of Rs 14,409.32 crore in the valuation of ITC and the mcap became Rs 5,91,219.09 crore.
- Bharti Airtel’s market valuation increased by Rs 8,200.55 crore to reach Rs 5,88,846.09 crore.
- The market capitalization of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) increased by Rs 7,020.75 crore to Rs 5,34,082.81 crore.
: Language Inputs