India’s automobile industry is facing a major crisis, that is the shortage of semiconductor chips, due to which the demand for vehicles is increasing continuously. Every day, new buyers are queuing up to buy automobiles but the manufacturers are not able to meet the demand, which is why nowadays many customers have to wait for months to take delivery after buying a new vehicle.
If you are planning to buy a car as soon as possible, it is better that you know about the waiting period of cars. Here, we have listed the top 10 vehicles in the Indian market that have the longest waiting period this October. If you are interested in buying a new car, then you should definitely take a look below.
1. Mahindra Thar – The second generation Mahindra Thar was introduced in our market a year back and the SUV has garnered over 75,000 bookings till date. However, due to production limits, the manufacturer is not able to fulfill them at the same speed with which new orders keep coming in. For example, the waiting period of the SUV goes up to 12 months on select variants.
2. Maruti Ertiga – 9 Months The best selling MPV in the Indian market – Maruti Ertiga – has a waiting period of 9 months! However, the maximum waiting time is on the CNG version, while the waiting time is relatively less in the petrol variants of the Maruti MPV, which is between 4 to 5 months.
3. Hyundai Creta – For 9 months, the Hyundai Creta is one of the most popular midsize SUVs in India. The manufacturer had earlier revealed that the demand for the Creta is almost three times more than the production. With global semiconductor shortages, manufacturers have been unable to ramp up production, while demand remains strong. In such a situation, the waiting period on select variants of Creta has reached nine months.
4. Nissan Magnite – For 8 months, Nissan launched the Magnite in India last year and the compact SUV has managed to gain a lot of popularity here. This is the most successful model by the manufacturer in our market and its demand is more than what Nissan is expecting. Though the company has already ramped up production, the waiting period for Magnite is still quite high, reaching up to 8 months on some variants.
5. Mahindra XUV700 – For 7 months Mahindra & Mahindra has announced that it has received 50,000 bookings for the XUV700, which is sold out within a few hours on two different days. The market response for this new SUV is extremely positive but due to the shortage of semiconductor chip, we do not expect the production figures to be that high. We expect the XUV700 to have an expected waiting period of around 6 to 7 months.
read this also-
Nitin Gadkari said, Tesla should not sell electric cars made in China in India, manufacturing should be done in the country itself
Mahindra’s awesome car dominated the market, crossed the 50,000 booking mark in just two days