MG Motor has officially taken the wraps off its fifth product, the Astor SUV, in the Indian market. The 2021 MG Astor SUV, which is technically an ICE variant of the ZS EV, comes loaded with advanced features like ADAS. The exterior design of the MG Astor SUV is very similar to that of the ZS EV. even […]
The 2021 Mg Astor gets the latest driving technology along with a personal AI assist system.
MG Motor has officially taken the wraps off its fifth product, the Astor SUV, in the Indian market. The 2021 MG Astor SUV, which is technically an ICE variant of the ZS EV, comes loaded with advanced features like ADAS. The exterior design of the MG Astor SUV is very similar to that of the ZS EV. Even the dimensions are not much different. The Astor SUV measures 4,323 mm in length, 1,809 mm in width, 1,653 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,580 mm with 17-inch dual tuned alloy wheels.
However, a major change can be seen on the hexagonal grille which gets a unique pattern. There are LED headlamps and projector set-up on either side of the grille and LED tail-lamps at the rear along with LED DRL doubling. There is not much change on the side profile except for the chrome lining and blacked out B-pillar on Windows. The interiors of the MG Astor get a two-tone color theme.
Features of MG Astor SUV
- It comes with 7-inch digital instrument cluster, 10.1-inch infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, heated ORVMs, electric parking brake, rear AC vents, rain-sensing wipers, digital key, connected car tech .
- MG Astor will offer two engine options for the SUV. It is powered by a Brit Dynamic 220 turbo petrol engine that is capable of producing 140 PS of power and 220 Nm of peak torque. It is mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
- The other is the VTI Tech petrol engine, mated to a manual transmission or an 8-speed CVT unit that is capable of producing 110 PS of power and 144 Nm of peak torque.
- The SUV gets the latest driving technology along with a personal AI assist system. Personal AI Assist System is like Apple Siri or Amazon Alexa. It can listen to voice commands and perform tasks like playing music, making or receiving calls, texting etc.
- The Autonomous Level-2 technology includes ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) functions, which will perform a number of emergency safety measures such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Prevention and Speed Assist.
- The MG Astor also gets an industry-first facility to reserve a parking slot through a head unit. It is powered by Park+ and will be live in select cities to begin with.
- Astor also gets 80+ internet features based on MG i-SMART technology. MG Astor includes subscriptions and services like Maps and Navigation, Jio connectivity, KoineArt with MapMyIndia.
MG Astor price
The price of MG Astor is expected to be announced this festive season. The SUV is likely to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 16 lakh (ex-showroom). The Astor will compete with Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos or Tata Harrier.